Rotherham Sailing Clubs Response
Further to our post earlier in the week we have once again met tonight to discuss how we progress in these difficult and challenging times for the UK and the rest of the world.
Our concern and priorities at all times will remain with our members and their health and safety, plus that of any visiting members of the public. Having considered the advice from both the RYA and the Government, given the clear directive around Social Distancing and to avoid large gatherings, plus clubs and pubs, we have taken the very difficult decision to close the club to all activities until the end of April. We will be keeping the current situation under current review and will let you know if anything changes, however we will be looking to provide a further update shortly after Easter.
We will be undertaking a thorough deep clean of the club house, and if contractors are available, we will be looking to take the opportunity of the closure to have some restoration/decoration work done internally.
What does this mean for you as members and what does it mean for our planned activities?
- Whilst members can access the compound to attend to their boat, we would ask that you DO NOT enter the clubhouse, as we will know it will be clean following the deep cleanse.
- If you have a need to enter the clubhouse, please discuss this with the Directors BEFORE doing so. All the directors can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are cancelling the April Try Sail sessions
- We are cancelling the Open Day, planned for late April. We will decide whether to hold one later in the year, once we have a better idea how long restrictions are likely to be in place
- Although not formally cancelled, it is likely we will have to delay the training course planned in early May. This will remain under constant review
We appreciate this may be disappointing to some members, but we felt it was in the best interests of everyone at the club. We wish all our members and their families a safe passage through these choppy waters. If any of this isn’t clear, or you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us on the above email address.
Rotherham Sailing Club