In our last update we advised that the club would be closed until the end of April and that we would provide an update shortly after Easter as to the availability of the club and when we intended to re-open.

At the risk of sounding like a Government Daily Press Briefing, we will at all times follow Government advice and as I’m sure many of you are aware the current Lockdown on the country has been extended until at least the 7th May. Given this extension it would be irresponsible of us to ignore this and open up the club, so the current restrictions will remain in place.

We will of course continue to monitor the current government announcements and review our position accordingly as we all want to be out on the water as quickly as possible. Please keep an eye on your inbox, the website and our social media outlets (Facebook/Twitter) for further updates, which we will provide after a decision has been made about the current lockdown dates.

This does also mean that in addition to cancelling our Open Day, we will now also be postponing the planned training course as insufficient time will be available to prepare and deliver a course of the quality we set ourselves Once the outlook is clearer we will look to see if this can be re-scheduled for later in the year.

We wish all our members, friends and their families a safe passage through these choppy waters. If any of this isn’t clear, or you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Regards Rotherham Sailing Club